Last update of this page: 22 April
SAPA COVID-19 Response Update
The SAPA Committee and team have come together and made some tough calls over the last 24 hours. We will have some longer explanations and strategies up in the next few days, but in short our immediate actions are;
– Suspend all in-person activities until further notice.
– Roll out an online platform and programming, and be scheduling regular streaming videos and other ways for the community and our students to connect.
– The above is our primary mechanism to support our instructors who rely on Parkour teaching for their income, but we have other initiatives in mind as well
– We will resume in-person activities when we can establish that they can be done safely and responsibly. We will likely start with small group sessions after advice from experts verifying our methodologies. We are under no illusions that a return to normal group classes is many months away.
– We are planning an exit from our home base and teaching venue Point A, which is a tough call that ends an amazing 7+ years in the space.
– We are planning to rent out our training equipment to those with space at home to use it
– The core team will be able to focus even more on the project for this year of improving all our governance, policies, and procedures – and we intend to relaunch a well oiled teaching organisation when the time comes
– Our Secretary, Dr Charlie Jones, will take a leave of absence from SAPA so that he can focus on his essential work ahead.
Stay safe and strong, look out for each-other. More soon.
❤️ TJ (Director), Ross (President), and the SAPA team.